Sunday, April 25, 2010

New Puppy




Hi Folks-----Hi Everyone! We'd like you to meet Abbey - the biggest surprise Bill ever pulled off! She is an 8 week old 2 lb 8oz miniature German longhaired Daschund who is the newest Blanding as of this morning.There is a breeder of these true German daschunds in Pennsylvania that I had found on the Internet this past winter. After contacting her, she let us know she had a litter due in Feb. After much deliberation I thought we had decided to not get a puppy at this time since we had a lot of traveling planned this year. I recently received an email from the breeder informing me that they were having an open house for future prospective parents today, before all the new litter went to their new homes. When we got there today they gave me the cutesy puppy to hold and Bill gives me a lovely printed book he had published telling me all about my new puppy with photos from her first 8 weeks of life. Turns out there was NO open house, they have never, ever had an open house, and this was all a way to get me to come pick up the new puppy! Bill's brother Wayne was with us since he only lived about an hour away so we came up to stay with him last night. What a total surprise- Bill never gave anything away in all the days since the litter arrived and he had reserved Xandria that very day!We think Xandria is a big name for a tiny little cutie and Abbey seems to fit her well, so she will be Abbey Xandria.She has had a great first day at Wayne's house, playing, sleepingand covering us in puppy kisses. Tomorrow we bring her home and introduce her to Patty the cat - God help us all!We look forward to introducing her to many of you soon and you KNOW there will be lots more photos coming!








No comments:

Post a Comment